About Nurse Hotline
With SECURA's Workers' Compensation Nurse Hotline service, you have immediate 24/7 access to a registered nurse if an injury occurs. The result is better care and fewer unnecessary claims, saving time and expense. Through our partnership with Medcor, Nurse Hotline is offered as a free benefit for our policyholders, breaking down barriers to early treatment of workplace injuries.
Nurse Hotline Benefits
- Reduced claims. Many injuries reported to the hotline can be treated simply with self-care methods. That means no hospital visit and no claim.
- Reduced costs. When claims are reduced in both number and severity, premiums typically follow.
- Reduced lost time. When injuries are treated immediately, workers receive peace of mind, and stay on the job or return to work sooner.
- Expert guidance. Nurse Hotline jump-starts the paperwork process in the event a claim is filed.
Learn more about the benefits of Nurse Hotline.
*New – We enhanced Nurse Hotline to include telemedicine!
The process is the same – simply call Nurse Hotline at 888-333-3334 if there's a non-emergency work injury. A registered nurse will determine the nature of the injury and, if appropriate, transition you to a telemedicine physician who specializes in work-related injuries and illnesses – eliminating the need to travel and spend hours in an urgent care or emergency room facility.
Benefits of telemedicine include:
- Simple video connections. Video links can be emailed or sent via text. With one click, workers will be connected to the video call.
- Rapid connection to the physician. Visits begin in minutes, not hours.
- Option of a phone discussion with the telemedicine physician. No camera? No problem. Many injuries and illnesses can be assessed by phone without the need for video. If an injured worker doesn't have video capabilities, they can speak with the physician over the phone.
- Access anytime. Services are provided 24/7 year-round.
- Translation services. Nurse Hotline and the telemedicine enhancement offer translation for the calls.