#SECURAGivesBack $25,000 on behalf of our independent agents
This year, the campaign returned bigger and better awarding 10 lucky agencies $2,500 to donate to a charity of their choice.
There is no question that 2020 has been a difficult year for many, especially nonprofits in our community who are facing shortages of staffing, funding, and support due to the pandemic.
For the fourth consecutive year, we were proud to hold our #SECURAGivesBack campaign to give our independent agents a chance to give back to the organizations that serve the communities where they work and play. This year, the campaign returned bigger and better awarding 10 lucky agencies $2,500 to donate to a charity of their choice.
From Nov. 1-30, our independent agents were asked to nominate and tell us about a nonprofit that was near and dear to their hearts. Through the duration of the campaign, we received a record volume of incredible causes and the passion our agencies have for the communities they live in was incredible to see. Winners for the campaign were drawn from a random selection process.
“We knew that we have some incredible agents that we work with, and we were blown away with the 200+ nominations that we received throughout the campaign,” said Kevin Klestinski, Vice President - Specialty Lines Underwriting. “We are proud to bring the #SECURAGivesBack campaign back for the fourth year – especially since nonprofits need support now more than ever.”
We wrapped up the campaign on Nov. 30 and winners were announced on Giving Tuesday, Dec. 1.
We are so excited to announce the following agency winners and their selected nonprofits:
- Joseph M. Wiedemann & Sons, Inc. of Illinois benefiting Housing Opportunities and Maintenance for the Elderly
- The Starr Group of Greenfield, Wis. benefiting Milwaukee Rescue Mission
- Maverick Insurance Group, LLC of Kentucky benefiting Down Syndrome of Louisville
- InsureForward of North Dakota benefiting Forward Foundation
- The Arizona Group of Arizona benefiting UMOM New Day Centers
- The Canopy Group of Minnesota benefiting Allyhoo
- Van Wyk Risk Solutions of Grand Rapids, Mich. benefiting 3 Mile Project
- Commercial Insurance Group, LLC of Colorado Springs, Colo. benefiting Kenzi’s Causes
- Franklin Insurance Agency of Franklin, Ind. benefiting Johnson County Interchurch Food Pantry
- Relion Insurance Solutions of Iowa benefiting Shelter House Community Shelter & Transition Services
We appreciate the participation from all of our agency partners and love the passion they share for nonprofits in their communities.
Did you know? SECURA doesn’t just support nonprofits, we write them too! From youth groups and United Ways, SECURA is proud to insure and help protect many of these organizations with policies designed for their unique needs.