SECURA awarded the WELL Certification at the Gold level
SECURA was awarded the WELL Certification at the Gold level for its home office, located in Neenah, Wis., by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI).
SECURA was awarded the WELL Certification at the Gold level for its home office, located in Neenah, Wis., by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI). WELL is the premier building standard that focuses on enhancing people’s health and well-being through the buildings where we live, work, and play.
The SECURA home office earned the distinction based on ten categories of building performance – Air, Water, Nourishment, Light, Movement, Thermal Comfort, Sound, Materials, Mind, and Community.
The process to pursue the WELL Certification began during the design process of SECURA’s home office building, which opened in October 2019. Building elements and company policies are evaluated as part of the WELL Certification. Some of the elements and policies include:
- Lighting – Natural lighting, ability to adjust light brightness in each area of the building
- Flexible workspaces – adjustable desks at each workstation, variety of seating options
- Heating and cooling – ability to adjust the temperature in every area of the building
- Mental health support – Employee Assistance Program (EAP), monthly EAP newsletters, mental health education sessions
- Café – Healthier food options available to choose from
- Fitness – On-site fitness facilities, indoor and outdoor walking paths
SECURA underwent rigorous testing and a final evaluation carried out by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI), which is the third-party certification body for WELL, to ensure it met all WELL Certified Gold performance requirements.
SECURA is the first insurance company in Wisconsin to earn the WELL Certification, and only the second building in the state to be certified.
To learn more about the WELL Certification, visit wellcertified.com/certification/v2.