SECURA breaks ground on construction of new facility
Appleton, Wisconsin (June 22, 2017) — SECURA Insurance kicks off construction of its new home office facility on the property it owns along County Highway CB in the village of Fox Crossing with a ground breaking dedication June 22, 2017.
“We’re excited to have reached this milestone after planning and exploring many options,” said SECURA President & CEO Dave Gross. “During all of this, our long-term commitment to our policyholders, agents, employees and the Fox Valley community held strong. We will continue growing our operations and creating jobs in the Fox Valley area so all can maintain their trust in us.”
Sixty people representing SECURA, their Board of Directors, Fox Crossing, Winnebago County, contractors CD Smith, and Eppstein Uhen Architects, are expected for the short dedication ceremony.
SECURA’s vision is to bring its people-focused culture, environmental heritage, and spirit of wellness to life under one roof. The initial facility will be approximately 300,000 square feet with capacity for 900 employees. Growth potential is incorporated into the master plan of the site, as well as the modular building design. Construction will be complete in late 2019.
About SECURA Insurance
SECURA Insurance was founded in 1900 in Seymour, Wis., moved to downtown Appleton in 1931 and to its current location in 1963. Today, more than 475 independent insurance agencies in 12 states represent the company, which provides a broad range of competitive commercial, personal, farm, nonprofit, and special events products. It is known for providing exceptional service to its agents and policyholders. The company is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best for its excellent ability to meet policyholder obligations. It is also a Ward’s Top 50 company for outstanding results in financial performance and consistency over a five-year period. Visit www.secura.net to learn more.
SECURA New Facility Fact Sheet
- SECURA is building a new home office on 160 acres of land it owns along County Highway CB in the Village of Fox Crossing (formerly the Town of Menasha). The ground breaking ceremony is Thursday, June 22, 2017.
- SECURA made a commitment to grow operations within Wisconsin and, most recently, the Village of Fox Crossing, after considering various scenarios such as establishing regional offices and hiring remote workers. The company does business in 12 states and brings insurance premium revenue to Wisconsin to fund jobs and support the state economy.
- SECURA made modifications to its current Appleton office at 2401 South Memorial Drive over the years. As a temporary solution to its need for additional operational space, it leased the building at 445 Calumet Street in Appleton and moved 100 staff members there in 2015. Future plans for these locations are in the works.
- The company has owned the land in Fox Crossing since 2006 as an investment.
- The initial facility will be approximately 300,000 square feet with a seating capacity of 900. Growth potential is incorporated into master plan of the site as well as the modular building design. SECURA’s vision is to bring its people-focused culture, environmental heritage, and spirit of wellness to life under one roof.
- Construction Manager and Builder: C.D. Smith, Fond du Lac, Wis.
- Architect: Eppstein Uhen, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Civil and Surveying: OMNI, Appleton, Wis.
- Landscape Design: Graef, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Fire Protection, Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical and Data Center Design: Affiliated Engineering, Madison, Wis.
- Food Service design: Mackesey, Madison, Wis.
- Electric Contractor: Faith Technologies, Appleton, Wis.
- Plumbing & HVAC Contractor: August Winters, Appleton, Wis.
- Local subcontractors also will be used where appropriate.
SECURA growth and background
- SECURA has enjoyed significant growth over the past decade, increasing annual revenue nearly 80 percent and the employee base more than 40 percent in the past 10 years.
- Annual sales (direct written premium) for 2016 were $586 million and, at the end of 2016, the company had 135,180 policies inforce in 12 states.
- It now employs more than 500 people locally who will work from the new location, 200 remotely, and expects continued employment growth.