SECURA Insurance awards 27 donations to local fire departments in honor of agency partners
Gifts recognize agencies’ focus on risk management for farm and agriculture operations
Appleton, Wis. (May 30, 2018) – SECURA Insurance presented 27 fire departments with donations earned by its local independent agents in eight states. The donations ranged from $500 to $1,500, with some agencies choosing to split the donation among multiple fire departments. Some agencies choose to match the gifts, increasing the impact of the donations.
The donations recognize the achievements of independent insurance agents who met or exceeded benchmarks in a sales contest focused on the company’s farm-ag products, which are designed to protect the unique needs of a variety of farms and agricultural businesses.
“Fire departments play such an important part in protecting our policyholders when disaster strikes, especially in rural communities,” said Dave Schlichting, vice president of farm-ag underwriting. “Our independent agents also play a role, and we’re proud to reward our agents’ risk management efforts with local donations in their communities.”
The winning agencies and the fire departments that will benefit include:
- Mountain West of Colorado benefitting the Ute Mountain Fire Department
- PFS Insurance Group, LLC of Colorado benefitting the Sterling and Yuma Fire Departments
- ONI Risk Partners of Indiana benefitting the Honey Creek Department of Fire & Rescue
- United Insurance Services of Ind. benefitting the Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department
- Town and Country Insurance of Iowa benefitting the Stratford and Kamrar Fire Departments
- CFG of Iowa benefitting the Wesley, Britt, and Kanawha Fire Departments
- Insurance Station of Iowa benefitting the Wayland Fire Department
- Emil Rummel Agency of Michigan benefitting the Village of Akron Fire Department
- New Lothrop Insurance Service of Michigan benefitting the Hazelton Township Fire Department
- Stevenson Insurance of Minnesota benefitting the Wykoff and Mantorville Fire Departments
- Farmers Union Insurance (Jay Swanson Agency and Paul Johannes Agency) of Minnesota benefitting the Hallock and Lake Lillian Fire Departments
- Bickett Insurance Agency, Inc. of North Dakota benefitting the Carrington and Bowdon Volunteer Fire Departments
- Ansay and Associates of Wisconsin benefitting the West Bend, St. Francis, and Slinger Fire Departments
- Endres Insurance Agency of Wisconsin benefitting the Sauk Fire District, Cross Plains Berry Fire District, and Lone Rock Fire District Departments
Water Street Solutions and Thorncreek Insurance Services, both of Illinois, will also have the opportunity to choose local fire departments to receive donations from SECURA.
SECURA Insurance is headquartered in Appleton, Wis. More than 475 independent insurance agencies in 12 states represent the company, which provides a broad range of competitive commercial, personal, farm, nonprofit, and special events products. It is known for providing exceptional service to its agents and policyholders since 1900, and is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best for its excellent ability to meet policyholder obligations. The carrier also is a Ward’s Top 50 company for outstanding results in financial performance and consistency over a five-year period. Visit www.secura.net to learn more.