|Neenah, Wis. (Oct. 18, 2019) – SECURA Insurance was honored as a recipient of the Distinguished Performer Award for Diversity as part of Deloitte’s Wisconsin 75, a ranking of the 75 largest private companies in Wisconsin, based on sales revenue.
SECURA ranked No. 35 on this year’s list; the seventh year the company has ranked in the top 75.
The Distinguished Performer Award for Diversity recognizes an individual or company that optimizes the opportunities found in the intersections among cultures, values, and perspectives.
SECURA has a Diversity & Inclusion Committee that promotes diversity and inclusion to provide a more welcoming organization to their associates, agents, policyholders, and community. Some of the initiatives include:
“Creating a workplace where everyone feels welcome is important,” said Kerry Scherer, Director-Insurance Training and Diversity & Inclusion committee sponsor at SECURA Insurance. “We work to bring opportunities to our associates that promote diversity and inclusion to make a positive impact on our business, the lives of our associates, and our community.”
- Annual ethics training for associates focused on diversity and inclusion
- Hosting local speakers from nonprofits to encourage conversation
- Expanding cultural holiday celebrations by hosting associates at events such as a Diwali celebration
- Enhancing immigration awareness by hosting a Q&A with an ICE Agent and providing virtual reality experiences that document the life of becoming an immigrant in the U.S.
- Hosting a cultural fair bringing several nonprofit and cultural organizations together
- Participating in the CEO Action Pledge
As a result of these efforts, SECURA has driven enhanced integration of associates with local community resources and nonprofits, and received positive feedback from their associates.
“SECURA’s Diversity & Inclusion committee works to start conversations, spread awareness, and promote a more inclusive culture across our company so we can best support our associates, agents, policyholders, and the community,” said Dave Gross, President & CEO. “We are honored to receive this recognition from Deloitte’s Wisconsin 75.”
For more information about Deloitte’s Wisconsin 75, click here.