Bizlink Submit It to Win It - Contest Rules
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The BizLink Incentive Campaign (the “campaign”) is sponsored by SECURA Insurance Company (“SECURA”).
- CAMPAIGN PERIOD: The “campaign period” will begin at 12:00 AM (midnight) CST on November 1, 2022, and will end at 12:00 AM CST on May 1, 2023.
- ELIGIBILITY: The campaign is open only to SECURA-contracted and authorized Agencies (“Agency”) and their SECURA-appointed and authorized individual licensed agents (“Producer”). Agency must authorize participation in the campaign for itself or its producers, who will be the participant (or Agency may opt-out of participation in the campaign for itself and its producers).
A participant must remain an active SECURA Agency/Producer and in good standing as determined by SECURA throughout the campaign period and at the time of prize delivery to be eligible for a prize from the campaign.
Employees of SECURA and members of their immediate family (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household as each are not eligible to participate. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participation in the campaign by the participant constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules and SECURA's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the campaign. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these official rules.
- PARTICIPATION AND ENTRIES IN CAMPAIGN: For each Commercial and Specialty Lines account submitted and bound through BizLink during the campaign period (regardless of the effective date), participant will earn one entry to win one of the prizes listed below. One bound account (which includes all related policies for a single insured/account) = one entry.
After submitting their first BizLink account during the campaign period, participants will select the top three (3) prizes to which participant would like their entries allocated. All subsequent eligible BizLink bound accounts will receive an entry allocated to the same prize drawings. At the end of the campaign period, SECURA will place participant entries in each of the selected prize drawings. However, there will be no more than one prize awarded per participant; participant will be awarded and offered the first prize for which they are selected.
- WINNER SELECTION: On or about May 1, 2023, there will be a drawing from among all eligible entries. SECURA, or its authorized representative, will randomly select potential winners for each prize from all eligible entries. The potential winners will be provided with instructions on how to claim their prize as set forth in Rule 5 of these official rules, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules. A potential winner who establishes they are an eligible participant and in compliance with these official rules is a “winner.”
- PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
- Green Bay Packers tickets for two for one game in the 2023 season – includes game tickets, travel (economy airfare or mileage reimbursement), and hotel accommodations up to two nights. Travel accommodation provided by SECURA. (Quantity: 2) (ARV: $2000 each)
- $2,000 nonprofit donation – this is a great option for agencies who cannot accept monetary gifts (Quantity: 4) (ARV: $2000 each)
Non-profit nominations must meet all of the following requirements:
- 501(c)3 nonprofit organization
- Local charity in an area where SECURA is written (no national organizations)
- Not affiliated with political, religious, or controversial purposes
- Not sponsored by a particular company
- Nonprofit is not required to be a SECURA policyholder
- 65” SAMSUNG TV (Quantity: 5) (ARV: $1,200 each)
- $1,500 Sakes Fifth Avenue gift card – (Quantity: 4) (ARV: $1,500 each)
- Weekend getaway for two – $2000 travel voucher from Fox World Travel (for travel and accommodations) and $500 VISA gift card (for meals and entertainment expenses) (Quantity: 2) (ARV: $2,500 each)
- Traeger ironwood 885 (Quantity: 2) (ARV: $1,600 each)
- $100 Amazon gift card (Quantity: 10) (ARV: $100 each)
- $500 Amazon gift card (Quantity: 5) (ARV: $500 each)
- $1,000 Amazon gift card (Quantity: 2) (ARV: $1,000 each)
- Theragun (Quantity: 5) (ARV: $293 each)
- Apple AirPods (Quantity: 5) (ARV: $170 each)
- 14 oz Ember Mug² (Quantity: 5) (ARV: $142 each)
- JBL Charge 4 – waterproof portable Bluetooth speaker (Quantity: 5) (ARV: $115 each)
- Beats Studio3 wireless headphones (Quantity: 2) (ARV: $270 each)
- Total ARV: The total ARV of all prizes awarded in this campaign is $41,840.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning prizes is dependent on the number of eligible entries.
- Limitation: No more than one prize per participant.
- Note Applicable to all Prizes: Prizes are not transferable or substitutable except that SECURA may, in its sole discretion, substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value. All costs and expenses not included above, e.g., federal, state, or local taxes, are solely the responsibility of each winner. SECURA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and randomly select an alternate potential winner in the event a potential winner declines acceptance of a prize, or if in SECURA’s determination, a potential winner was not an eligible participant.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules. The potential winners will receive notification via e-mail or phone call in or about the week of May 1, 2023. Each potential prize winner will be required to sign and return any requested documents by SECURA.
The right to receive a prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by SECURA who also reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of the unavailability of a prize or force majeure. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are solely the responsibility of each winner. SECURA will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for each winner. ARVs are as of the time the official rules were printed and the value of the prize may fluctuate. A winner is not entitled to any difference between the ARV and the actual value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely each winner’s responsibility.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this campaign, participants agree that the SECURA and each affiliate, and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, members, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) BizLink submissions that are lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or not received by SECURA; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Website/BizLink accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of submission and binding information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; and (v) submissions that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the official rules.
By entering the campaign, each participant agrees: (i) to forever and irrevocably release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) their participation in the campaign, including, but not limited to, any campaign-related activity or element thereof, and the Participant’s Entries (b) acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize (or any component thereof).
If, for any reason, the campaign is not capable of being conducted as planned, SECURA reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the campaign and/or proceed with the campaign, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of winners from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these official rules. In no event will more prizes be awarded than are stated in these official rules. In the event due to technical, typographical, human, mechanical or other errors, there are more potential winners than are stated in these official rules, a random drawing among the excessive number of potential winners will be held to determine the potential winners.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this campaign, including the prizes, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- DISPUTES: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the campaign shall be settled by binding arbitration in Outagamie County, Wisconsin in accordance with the rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Wisconsin law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statues of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, SECURA will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claim will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor SECURA shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties.
THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION SHALL BE IN THE PARTICIPANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPOTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS INCENTIVE IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CAMPAIGN, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE INCENTIVE, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEY’S FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
These official rules and the campaign are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and SECURA in connection with the campaign, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in a state or federal court.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the campaign and/or accepting a prize, participants agree to allow SECURA the perpetual right, where lawful, to use their name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. IF PARTICIPANT IS CHOSEN AS A WINNER, PARTICIPANT’S PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PLACING PARTICIPANT’S NAME ON A WINNERS LIST.
- GENERAL: All federal, state and local laws apply.
By participating, participants agree: (a) to be bound by these official rules and by the decisions of SECURA, which shall be final in all respects, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the incentive or these official rules; (b) to the use of their names, voices and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes, all without compensation; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless SECURA, its affiliated companies, agents, parents, subsidiaries, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and representatives from all claims or damages arising out of their participation in the campaign and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Incentive payment. SECURA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel terminate, reschedule, suspend or otherwise modify this campaign without notice for any reason (including, without limitation, if viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of SECURA, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the campaign).
ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CAMPAIGN WILL BE INELIGIBLE FOR ANY PRIZE AND MAY BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. SECURA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S).