Thank you Dave!
SECURA’s current President & CEO, Dave Gross, will be retiring on Sept. 2, 2022, after 25 years of success at SECURA.
Dave Gross became SECURA’s President & CEO on July 1, 2014. He joined the company in September 1997 as Vice President – Sales and Marketing. In August 2001, he was promoted to SECURA’s Senior Vice President – Underwriting Operations with responsibility for leading the sales and underwriting divisions. Dave was appointed to President & COO in September 2013. Throughout his time at SECURA, he served both the insurance industry and local community though participation in committees and boards of directors for nonprofit organizations.
Dave started his career in 1980, after earning a degree in marketing from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
His initial perception of SECURA was that there was plenty of room for improvements and growth. Working directly for former President & CEO John Bykowski, Dave focused his first five years on collaborating with many to fix the foundation of SECURA. He wanted to create a place to work, play, and live for the future of employees. Not only did he see a bright future where anything was possible, but also the chance to promote from within and grow. Lastly, to balance all of our associates to the best possible place that we all could be in.
During Dave’s tenure as President & CEO, he led SECURA through many milestones and accomplishments, including:
- Built and moved into new home office (groundbreaking in 2017; moved in 2019)
- Lead SECURA through conversion to Mutual Holding Company system (2021)
- Launched Specialty Lines in PA (2021)
- Passed $100M in Specialty Lines (2021)
- Passed $400M in Commercial Lines (2021
- Grew to 1,000+ associates
- Increased DWP $414M in 2013 to $880M in 2021
- Certified Great Place to Work for the last 6 years
- WELCOA Well Workplace Platinum Award for the last 10 years
- Ranked among Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplaces for 5 years
- Ranked among Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance for 5 years
- Ranked among Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2021
- Launched associate resource groups (ARGs) and promoted DEI initiatives
Other successes and company recognition
- Ward’s Top 50 Performer for the last 8 years; 13 years overall
- Maintained A (Excellent) rating with A.M. Best, after upgrading from A- in 2004
- Achieved WELL certification at the Gold level for the SECURA home office (only the 2nd WELL certified gold project in Wisconsin)
Garth Wicinsky, current Chief Operating Officer, will become SECURA’s sixth President & CEO April 26, 2022. At that time, Dave will become CEO Emeritus and Senior Executive Advisor until his retirement in September 2022.
Dave is very thankful for the opportunity SECURA gave him in 1997 and to work alongside of so many talented people these past 25 years. Plus, the countless independent agents who support our relationship-based model, many of which have become his friends for life.