SECURA donates to 27 donations to local fire departments
Gifts recognize agencies’ focus on risk management for farm and agriculture operations
If you ever experience a fire, the sounds of sirens and the glare of flashing lights are signs that help is on the way.
Firefighters, EMTs, and police officers risk their lives with every call, never knowing what they’ll face. And in rural communities, many first responders are volunteers.
As the smoke clears, the focus quickly shifts to insurance coverage and what the family or business owners will do next.
Knowing the vital role emergency crews play in protecting our policyholders, SECURA has made donations to 27 local departments in eight states in honor of the company’s independent agents and their efforts to protect farm and agricultural clients.
The donations ranged from $500 to $1,500, with some agencies choosing to split the donation among multiple fire departments and choosing to match the gifts.
The donations recognize the achievements of independent insurance agents who met or exceeded benchmarks in a sales contest focused on the SECURA’s farm-ag products. The coverage is designed to protect the unique needs of a variety of farms and agricultural businesses, ranging from small family farms and large-scale dairy and hog farms to custom farming and regional grain operations.
“Fire departments play such an important part in protecting our policyholders when disaster strikes, especially in rural communities,” said Dave Schlichting, vice president of farm-ag underwriting. “Our independent agents also play a role, and we’re proud to reward our agents’ risk management efforts with local donations in their communities.”
The winning agencies and fire departments that will benefit include:
- Mountain West of Colorado benefitting the Ute Mountain Fire Department
- PFS Insurance Group, LLC of Colorado benefitting the Sterling and Yuma Fire Departments
- ONI Risk Partners of Indiana benefitting the Honey Creek Department of Fire & Rescue
- United Insurance Services of Indiana benefitting the Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department
- Town and Country Insurance of Iowa benefitting the Stratford and Kamrar Fire Departments
- CFG of Iowa benefitting the Wesley, Britt, and Kanawha Fire Departments
- Insurance Station of Iowa benefitting the Wayland Fire Department
- Emil Rummel Agency of Michigan benefitting the Village of Akron Fire Department
- New Lothrop Insurance Service of Michigan benefitting the Hazelton Township Fire Department
- Stevenson Insurance of Minnesota benefitting the Wykoff and
- Mantorville Fire Departments
- Farmers Union Insurance (Jay Swanson Agency and Paul Johannes Agency) of Minnesota benefitting the Hallock and Lake Lillian Fire Departments
- Bickett Insurance Agency, Inc. of North Dakota benefitting the Carrington and Bowdon Volunteer Fire Departments
- Ansay and Associates of Wisconsin benefitting the West Bend, St. Francis, and Slinger Fire Departments
- Endres Insurance Agency of Wisconsin benefitting the Sauk Fire District, Cross Plains Berry Fire District, and Lone Rock Fire District Departments
Water Street Solutions and Thorncreek Insurance Services, both of Illinois, will also have the opportunity to choose local fire departments to receive donations from SECURA.
Congratulations to the winning agencies and the fire departments protecting our communities.