SECURA’s COVID-19 response
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve by the day, we know it is on your mind, just as it is ours.
During this time, know that we are here to provide you with the protection and service you expect from us as your insurance carrier, while also ensuring the safety of our associates and their families.
MILE-STONE policyholder dividend | Payment accommodations | Risk Management visits | Small business resources | Resources for reopening | Charitable giving
Our response is focused on three key principles:
- Keeping our associates safe
- Continuing to serve you with the highest standards
- Doing our part as a corporate citizen to slow community spread of the virus
As a company, we made the decision to have our associates work remotely beginning March 16. Starting June 1, we began safely bringing some associates back to work in the office. We are taking extra steps to ensure our associates are safe in our building by practicing social distancing, wearing masks, cleaning and sanitizing the entire building, and more. Whether in the office or working remotely, our associates will continue to deliver the exceptional service you deserve. They will interact with you the same way you are used to, via phone or email.
Please know that we are here for you and will continue to monitor all aspects of this situation so that we can continue to support you. These resources remain available to you.
- As always, your independent agent is available via phone or email.
- secura.net is available 24/7 to make a payment, report a claim, find safety and business continuity resources, and more.
MILE-STONE policyholder dividend
We’re providing a special policyholder dividend calculated as 15% of April and May 2020 auto premium for eligible MILE-STONE policyholders as of April 20, 2020, subject to regulatory approval. Learn more here.
We understand the hardship created by the COVID-19 outbreak and know it may have a financial impact for some of our policyholders.
We’re here to help. We’ll work with our policyholders to provide grace periods, longer payment terms, or premium deferrals if needed, and will not cancel or nonrenew policies for nonpayment through June 30, 2020. This is not a waiver, it is an extension of the grace period in which to pay the premium. We will waive late fees and non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees during this time.
If you are able to make a payment, please do so as you normally would. If you have difficulty making a payment due to the COVID-19 crisis or have questions about payment options, please call our Billing Department at 800-558-3405 between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CST, or contact us here.
We will adjust these procedures as necessary to ensure compliance with all state requirements.
Risk Management visits
As we approach the removal of travel restrictions for both SECURA and our Risk Management Consultant’s localities, we remain aware there is still a possible threat of contracting and spreading COVID-19. Our Risk Management Consultants will follow specific guidelines both for their travel and how site visits will be coordinated.
For every visit, our Risk Management Consultants will:
- Operate in compliance with both SECURA and governmental orders and guidance.
- Operate in accordance with our policyholders directions about being at their location.
- Operate in a manner that is most protective for themselves, policyholders, and the general public.
- Follow CDC guidelines, including wearing PPE (masks, gloves, etc.), as well as taking their temperature before conducting a visit and making use of sanitizing products provided to them as needed.
- Practice social distancing and minimizing contact with policyholders as much as possible.
- Inquire if there has been anyone exposed to COVID-19 at the policyholder’s location when attempting to schedule a visit. Note: If there has been exposure, the Risk Management Consultant will schedule a phone survey and not attempt to make a physical visit for at least 90 days.
Additionally, the following guidelines apply:
All visits are subject to the Risk Management Consultants level of comfort with the risk. This may include cancelling the visit “on the spot” if they feel conditions at the location may place them in danger. They will schedule a phone survey instead.
A policyholder may also decline an in-person visit. Each Risk Management Consultant will honor this request and will conduct a phone survey instead.
Small business resources
U.S. Small Business Administration Guidance and Loan Resources
U.S. Chamber COVID-19 Emergency Loans Small Business Guide
Resources for reopening business after COVID-19
IBHS Business Protection Guidance
OSHA – Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
CDC – Businesses and Workplaces Resources
What you should know about the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and the Coronavirus
Plumbing concerns when buildings reopen
Whitepaper: How to re-start equipment following an extended shut-down
We're proud to support our communities during this time, for we know contributions mean more to them now than ever before. Along with continuing to partner with nonprofits and charitable groups, we joined with other local businesses to support a COVID-19 Community Response Fund. We also encouraged our associates to use our Matching Gift program to maximize donations to the causes close to their hearts.